What does a Trump administration in the U.S. mean for emerging markets private capital investing?
The election of President Trump will prove to have long-term economic ramifications that cannot be underestimated. I believe this was a tectonic shift that will pivot our world, the global economy and our industry into a new, potentially troubling direction.
Drawing out the implications for our industry of this electoral outcome will require some crystal ball gazing, with considerable margin for error. Following that generously sized caveat, I see the following eight "big picture" ramifications for our industry:
- Emerging market allocations
- Emerging market infrastructure
- Inflation, monetary policy and the U.S. dollar
- Climate change investments
- International trade
- International political stability
- Development policies
- Tax policies