Derek Sulger is a Partner and Chairman of the Investment Committee at Lunar Capital, a China-based consumer-focused buyout firm which follows a control-oriented, operationally-involved investment strategy. In this interview, Derek discusses the private equity landscape in the context of China’s recent volatility, and the prospects and challenges for Chinese consumer-related businesses.
The EMPEA Thread in October 2015.
The Thread provides additional analysis of EMPEA's industry statistics, interviews and insight on emerging markets private equity and venture capital, highlighting data trends, notable developments and challenges facing the industry.
Recent news and features on private investing in emerging markets, chosen by the EMPEA Research team:
- Frontier Capital: Early Stage Investing for Financial Returns and Social Impact in Emerging Markets | Omidyar Network | 5 October 2015
- Great Expectations: Mission Preservation and Financial Performance in Impact Investing | Wharton Social Impact | 7 October 2015
- SAVCA 2015 Venture Capital Survey | SAVCA | October 2015
- A Lens on Latin America | Franklin Templeton Investments | 6 October 2015
- Guy Hands: Private Equity Fees Are ‘Driving Investors Away’ | Financial Times | 4 October 2015