Private Equity in India: The Legal Landscape
Hosted by Debevoise & Plimpton and Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co
Offices of Debevoise & Plimpton
Learn more »
This event is open to GPs and LPs-only.
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co and Debevoise & Plimpton LLP invite you to a morning seminar exploring the current legal landscape facing private equity in India.
Private equity in India has matured in recent years and is now one of the most exciting emerging market jurisdictions in the sector. The legal environment for funds active in the country remains a moving picture though, with various changes impacting private equity activity.
In this seminar, we will focus on implications of recent developments on Private Equity Investments in India, including:
- Current state of the Private Equity Investments in India;
- Recent changes to the Foreign Investment Regime and Corporate Laws in India;
- Relevant changes to the Indian Tax Laws;
- Recent developments in Indian Competition Law;
- Dispute resolution landscape; and
- Future predictions.