This EMPEA Professional Development Webcast will focus on Brexit and the evolving global implications emerging market investors and asset managers could face in the EU and UK - the near, medium and long-term.
Key topics to be discussed include:
- Will it be possible to raise funds in the EU next year-what should I consider? My first fund-where should I qualify to do business?
- I have a deal pending to acquire a portfolio company now, before the UK exits, after the UK exits-what can I do to mitigate risk?
- What taxes may be impacted? How will that impact forming a fund? Acquiring a company? Compensating my team?
- What are the currency implications?
- What insights are there into ESMA and the 28 supervisory authorities and how they resource to address issues that were pending pre-Brexit and post? What will happen to AIFMD third country equivalency reviews?
- What is the political and policy context, timeline and next steps?
- Is there opportunity in chaos?